We recognize we’re in the midst of uncertain times right now - times that call for extra flexibility, special value and an absolute assurance that your health and safety is being closely looked after. With these new options available to you, we hope you'll be able to vacation with confidence.
Enhanced Health & Safety Measures
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings announced the launch of its SailSAFE health and safety program on April 5, 2021. SailSAFE is founded on the following three pillars and supported by a comprehensive set of additional measures designed to create a uniquely safe vacation environment:
1) Safety for guests and crew with vaccination requirements, universal COVID-19 testing and enhanced health screening protocols
2) Safety aboard with medical-grade air filtration, increased sanitation measures and enhanced medical resources
3) Safety ashore through the collaboration with land-based tour operator partners to extend health and safety measures to each destination.
As protocols evolve and additional information becomes available, updates will be published at ncl.com/safe. Should Sixthman implement any additional or alternative safety protocol that may impact your vacation, we will notify all booked guests at the earliest opportunity.
Guests who have symptoms of COVID-19 while onboard should immediately contact the onboard medical center for further instruction. Medical centers will be equipped to test for COVID-19 onboard and if a positive case is identified, contact tracing for that individual will begin immediately and occur at the same time as treatment. Dedicated isolation accommodations will be provided should the need arise.
Each ship has onboard medical capabilities with additional staffing and enhanced facilities. This includes an increase in intensive care unit capacity, new and upgraded equipment, onshore medical institution partnerships, telemedicine capabilities and additional robust consultation and treatment options. Onboard medical centers are also abundantly stocked with common prescription medications, remedies, and virus-testing equipment as available.
All guests age 12 and over, as well as all crew, must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to departure, in order to board. While we welcome unvaccinated children under the age of 12 onboard, it is the responsibility of the guest to be aware of any local protocols and/or travel restrictions in place at the visiting destinations at the time of sailing.
It is important to note that many countries, especially in Europe, are now requiring guests who have been fully vaccinated more than a certain number of months to also be ‘boosted’ in order to visit. Please review the below should you find yourself sailing on our Mediterranean events.
- Itineraries that include Mediterranean ports and Greek Isles itineraries require a booster, for all individuals 18 years or older, if their original vaccine course was taken more than 270 days prior to embarkation.
- For itineraries which require boosters, in lieu of a booster 270 days after the primary series, guests may present a government recognized or official medical Certificate of Recovery.
- For European Citizens, this would include an EU Green Pass or comparable certificate.
- For all others unable to present an EU Green Pass (i.e. US Citizens) a doctor’s note, plus a laboratory confirmed PCR test result with the proper information (i.e. Name, Date, Date of Birth, Positive Result, etc.) will be accepted.
- For EU sailings Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be accepted for vaccinated children and teens between the ages of 5 and 17 and Moderna (Spikevax) for children 12-17 years of age.
Guests who cannot meet the above requirements should not travel to the ship as they will be unable to board.
As science, technology and government regulations evolve, we will update our health and safety protocols as needed and appropriate.
For Norwegian Cruise Line’s comprehensive SailSAFE protocols and FAQs, please refer to ncl.com/sail-safe.
For All Norwegian Cruise Line Ships:
- Any U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA), and/or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized single brand vaccination protocol ≥2 weeks after receipt of the final dose.
- i.e. J&J Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Oxford (Vaxzevria & CoviShield), Novavax and Covovax, Sinopharm or Sinovac, etc.
- A mixed vaccination combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO Emergency Use Listed (EUL) COVID-19 two-dose series with a minimum interval of 17 days.
- Note: Individuals receiving a Janssen COVID-19 vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the single dose of the Janssen vaccine.
- Current Unauthorized Vaccines: Sputnik V
- To be fully vaccinated means to complete the full brand vaccination protocol of one brand of vaccine OR two doses of a mixed vaccination combination, and therefore a single shot of AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Sinopharm or Sinovac after COVID-19 recovery is NOT considered being fully vaccinated.
- Any guest who is required to be vaccinated must 1) be fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to departure, 2) acknowledge vaccination status prior to sailing and 3) present proof of vaccination at the pier at embarkation in order to board. Guests must be vaccinated per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), World Health Organization (WHO)and European Medicines Agency (EMA) in order to sail. See below for specific vaccine requirements for children. As science, technology and government regulations evolve, we will update our health and safety protocols as needed and appropriate.
- Vaccines received via clinical trials will not be accepted as they do not specify vaccine received.
Children and Teens between the ages of 12 and 17: Full vaccination protocol at least two weeks after receipt of the final dose of Pfizer-BioNTech only.
For EU sailings, Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be accepted for vaccinated children and teens between the ages of 5 and 17 and Moderna (Spikevax) for children 12-17 years of age.
Guests ages 12 and older must acknowledge vaccination status prior to their sailing and bring proof of vaccination to the terminal for their cruise.
Acceptable forms of proof:
- (Preferred) Original vaccination record document issued by either the country's health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration
- Photo of vaccination record document
- Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form.
Confirmation email of vaccination appointment will not be accepted. Proof of vaccination will be submitted during online check-in at NCL.com and details emailed within 21 days of sailing.
As of April 6, 2021, all guests making reservations will be asked to acknowledge, at the time of booking, that vaccines may be required and that refunds and/or credits will not be offered.
Effective for all sailings March 1, 2022 and beyond
Children and Teens under the age of twelve can sail aboard our ships unvaccinated. All unvaccinated guests under the age of twelve on sailings from or to a U.S. port will be required to bring proof of a negative PCR test result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding. Additionally, these guests will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line, as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.
Yes, all guests ages twelve and over, and all artists and crew will be required to be fully vaccinated even if they have antibodies from prior infections, regardless of the guest’s citizenship and their local government’s regulations. For details about what is considered to be fully vaccinated, refer to "What vaccines will be accepted?" question.
*Rules apply for all guests above the age of 2
Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, all guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results.
For all sailings, guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional pre-embarkation testing at the terminal.
All unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.
Additionally, unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canada port will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line, as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.
The below requirements apply to all guests traveling on Sixthman's Summer 2022 Mediterranean Sailing, Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea Mediterranean:
- All vaccinated guests age 12 and older: must provide proof of negative NAAT test (I.e. PCR) or antigen test taken within 72 hours prior to embarkation. This testing is at the responsibility of each guest and is not administered by Norwegian Cruise Line. (Please refer to below for additional requirements for Greece)
- For sailings departing from Greece: In addition to above testing requirements, all guests must additionally provide proof of negative antigen test within 24 hours prior to embarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line prior to embarkation at the port.
On US based vessels, Norwegian does not require a disembarkation test. However, this does not supersede home country requirements. For Europe based vessels, an antigen disembarkation test is required and will be administered onboard and cost will be covered by Norwegian Cruise Line. There will be no PCR tests available to guests onboard unless required to confirm a positive antigen test or for symptomatic guests.
In addition, all unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canadian port will be subject to additional disembarkation as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters. NCL will facilitate and cover all costs associated with disembarkation testing for non-vaccinated guests under the age of 12.
Guests who test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of sailing will not be permitted to sail.
Standard travel protection ensures full reimbursement (at the approval of Travel Insured International) should you be unable to sail due to a positive test or medically required quarantine due to exposure.
If you do not have Travel Insurance, we highly recommend you purchase it now. Details of coverage can be found on sixthman.net/protection or contact us to add standard travel protection to your reservation.
COVID-19 antigen tests prior to disembarkation will be administered on board and paid for by the Cruise Line for those guests who require a test to return home.
Effective for all disembarkations beginning January 8, 2022, PCR tests will only be available onboard to confirm a positive antigen test, or to test a symptomatic patient. Those guests requiring a PCR test to return home will be responsible for expense and must obtain the test shoreside after the disembarkation either at a company designated facility, at the airport prior to flying out, or at a nearby clinic of their choice.
At all US disembarkation ports, Norwegian Cruise Line has engaged a vendor to administer PCR testing at the terminal for those guests requiring a PCR test to return home. If guests choose this service, the guests will proceed to a designated area in the terminal for their PCR test at the guests' expense which varies by port, then proceed with their travel plans as they await their test results which will be sent electronically approximately 90 minutes after the test.
In non-U.S. ports availability may be available for PCR testing prior to flying home in the terminal, however guests are free to book their PCR test at the airport or a local clinic at their convenience. Please allow the proper time in your travels to obtain the result before flying home.
Estimated PCR test costs by port are as follows:
- All current US departure ports (except those listed below) - $125 per person
- New York - $250 per person
- All current Europe departure ports - $125 per person
Yes, guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and show a negative result before continuing on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing. The antigen test will be conducted onboard during the end of the first cruise and will be paid for by the cruise line. Detailed instructions will be provided to those guests on board.
Flexibility For You
Travel Protection Options
Standard travel protection may be purchased by U.S. residents at any time between booking your reservation and sailing on your event, and is highly recommended by Sixthman. The 50% Cancel For Any Reason insurance must be purchased within 21 days of making a reservation, or within 21 days of a guest named in an existing reservation. You are welcome to purchase travel protection externally should you not be eligible for our third-party policies.
Yes! All eligible guests are offered Travel Protection at the time of purchase. For more information on the policy offered – including the option of Cancel For Any Reason protection – please refer to sixthman.net/protection.
Postponement Options, Transfers and Credits
A future Sixthman event credit can be used to book any of our festivals on land or at sea. The credit must be used to book a reservation prior to its expiration date. For our spring 2022 events, a future Sixthman event credit will expire June 30, 2024, meaning you must use this credit to book your reservation prior to that date.
When all event details (pricing, lineup, dates, etc.) are announced, booked guests will be given a window of dates and deadline to request a transfer, future Sixthman event credit, or refund.
All refunds requested during the window of dates provided will be processed within 30 days after the window closes. Any Lead Guest who does not submit their reservation request by the provided deadline will be transferred to the rescheduled event as the default and no longer able to request a transfer, future Sixthman event credit, or refund.
As per the event ticketing contract, if you cancelled your reservation prior to the event postponement or cancellation, you are eligible for the options available at the time of your cancellation. Only guests with an active reservation at the time of postponement are eligible for refunds.
All deposits and payments are 100% non-refundable. If you wish to protect your investment, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel protection. For your convenience, we've teamed up with Travel Insured to offer two levels of protection: a standard travel protection policy and a 50% Cancel for Any Reason add-on policy directly through Sixthman.
Travel Insured’s standard policy will reimburse cancellations at 100% of monies paid for covered cancellation reasons.*
Travel Insured’s Cancel For Any Reason add-on policy will reimburse up to 50% of monies paid when cancelling for any reason not covered by the standard policy when cancelled at least 48 hours prior to sailing.*
Although guests agree to these terms & conditions when booking a reservation, we fully understand this current environment calls for continued flexibility and that is something Sixthman is committed to deliver. We will continue to assess the changing environment as we approach each event, and communicate any policy changes to booked guests within 30 days prior to sailing.
*Review our Travel Insured travel protection policy details. If you have travel protection and need to cancel for a covered condition, you may make a claim with Travel Insured (or your own policy provider should you choose to purchase travel protection through another supplier) to recover any lost payments.
You’ll receive an email with these options if your event is cancelled:
- Transfer monies paid to a future Sixthman event credit (valid date will be shared upon event cancellation and will be a minimum of 3 years)
- Receive a full refund of all monies paid to Sixthman. You’ll be provided a brief window of time to make your selection and refunds will be processed within approximately 30 days.
No. The above policies do not apply to the TCM Classic Cruise for which Sixthman provides reservations services only but is not the owner/promoter of the event.